[Garnalennet] Francis Joyon-Idec - engelstalig nieuws

niels.tempel op trimaran-trojka.nl niels.tempel op trimaran-trojka.nl
Di Jan 15 08:58:44 CET 2008

Van:
http://www.sailinganarchy.com/index_page1.php

Real Balls

What would you do if you got to the top of your mast, to fix a minor halyard
problem and found there was a serious danger that it could come down? I guess
most of us would high tail it to the bottom as fast as we could, so as not
to end up crashing down with it, and then think about the nearest port of
refuge.
That's not Francis Joyon's style; he has already climbed that mast three
times, to stabilize the situation as best he can, given the limited tools
on board and very difficult working conditions, and he is planning a fourth
climb when he gets into calmer conditions in the Azores High.
The fact is that Francis is still aiming for the best possible solo time
around the world, given the circumstances, but that aim is tempered by
prudence,
Joyon style! That means you don't sleep so long as there's a chance you can
steal time by reefing and unreefing, changing sails and doing a few odd jobs,
like fixing a hole in the deck!
It's all been on SA Sailing News, so we shouldn't have to keep reminding
you to look in.

Btw, our friends at BYM News will be going out to meet Francis and will be
talking to him after he arrives in Brest. Do you have a question for him?
You must have; how the hell do u survive on no sleep is the first that
springs
to mind! Got more? Post them here and we'll do our best to get them answered.

01/15/08

en kijk ook op:
http://www.sailinganarchy.com/news/index.php
http://bymnews.com/news/newsDetails.php?id=21134