[Garnalennet] rond de wereld binnen 48 dagen!?

niels.tempel op trimaran-trojka.nl niels.tempel op trimaran-trojka.nl
Ma Dec 5 10:10:26 CET 2011

Maxitri Banque Polulair racet in een waanzinnig tempo rond de wereld:

Banque Populaire V Shatters the Record Time at the Cape Of Good Hope
At 7:20 am (Paris time) this Sunday morning, after 11 days 21 hours 48
minutes and 18 seconds * since leaving Ushant, when the Maxi Banque
Populaire V crossed the Cape of Good Hope, getting to the end of the
second intermediate segment in the Jules Verne Trophy and at the same time
shattering the time previously set. With already 8245 miles behind them,
Loick Peyron and his men set a second record to their list of successes in
a few days, and are now sailing in the Indian Ocean.
After a tough start, a rapid descent to the Canaries, a slight slowdown in
the Doldrums, an equator crossing made in record time, followed by a
straight acceleration with a nice bypass to avoid the center of the St.
Helena Highs, the Team Banque Populaire has just hit a new reference time.
Sunday being a busy day at the Paris Boat Show, Loick Peyron took
advantage of an extraordinary video conference to come back on the
impression provided by this new accomplishment.
Also reached earlier on, during his stand-by watch, Brian Thompson came
back on these 12 incredible days of racing since leaving Ushant : "We are
all really happy with our position and the time we have on the record.
Everybody is in good shape and it is a very pleasant atmosphere on board.
It's great to be sailing altogether ahead of Groupama's record. We have
the perfect weather and Loick, Juan and Marcel, on the shore, have taken
us on an excellent route, always in the wind, and on deck we have worked
hard at sailing fast and safely. We have an excellent watch rhythm looking
like choreography of people at every change! We have achieved 25% of the
current record time, which maybe even more if we are quicker than 48 days!
It is very exciting! "
Now sailing in the Indian Ocean, the Maxi Banque Populaire V is now
heading towards the Kerguelen Islands. Still benefiting from a westerly
wind, the Maxi trimaran is faced with a difficult sea requiring the
sailors to slow down a little bit. The instructions given by the skipper
are clear: we do not exceed 30 knots.
*Subject to approval and ratification by the WSSRC (World Sailing Speed
Record Council).
www.voile.banquepopulaire.fr

Zie ook het channel van Banque Populaire op You Tbe

Niels Tempel
Trojka